For many women who face problems conceiving, the joy of motherhood is a distant dream away. So if you’re finding it difficult to start a family take a look at our top ten tips to help you conceive.
1. Realise the enormity of infertility and the need to treat yourself well.
2. See yourself as a whole individual and do everything you can to support that view.
3. Build the best support team that you can on every level, practically and emotionally.
4. Support your relationship as an end in itself not just a part of the fertility journey. Don’t loose sight of your partner.
5. As far as you are able, don’t put your life on hold. Infertility can affect every area of your life, but try to keep hold of the other parts of your life too.
6. Take care of yourself physically. Eat well, take relaxation classes and get plenty of sleep.
7. Allow people to help you in ways that actually help. Often people may need to know what it is you need and how best to support you, don’t assume they will know!
8. Pursue the things that will bring you joy, laughter and comfort on a daily basis. Be proactive and remember that laughter is medicinal - it's good for the immune system.
9. Find ways to remember you are not alone on the journey to parenthood. Chat rooms and support groups can all be a huge relief.
10. Find ways to get the emotions out safely. Writing a diary is a great place to start, as is a good counsellor, coach or mentor.
Here at the Bridge Centre we help many women who face trouble conceiving. We offer both fertility treatments and emotional support through counselling. If you want to find out more, Tracey Sainsbury, our counsellor, will be happy to talk to you. Give us a call today on 020 3819 3282.
Having assisted conception at a fertility clinic can affect lots of aspects of your life, especially your…
Copyright © 2011 - The Bridge Clinic
Call us today 020 3819 3282